San Frediano church
The Church of Sommocolonia, like that of Barga, has ancient origins. We know with certainty that it existed as early as 1260, since it was included in the list of churches that were to contribute financially to the costs of the crusade by Pope Alexander IV.
Between the late 16th and early 17th century, the church was enlarged considerably. During the allied bombings in December 1944, the church was hit by a bomb and burned to the ground. San Frediano was finally rebuilt and opened again on 19 March 1953.
Source: La guida di Barga
View on Map: San Frediano church