Church of San Rocco
In 1631 it was decided to glorify Saint Rocco, the patron saint who protected from plagues, by erecting a new church in the Giardino area outside the Castle of Barga
Currently the church is built in the shape of a basilica with three naves and the apse rises into a beautiful dome.On the main altar there is a painting depicting Saints Rocco, Sebastian and Anthony the Abbot praying to the Madonna and child. One wooden statue of Saint Rocco is located in the eponymous altar niche, while, on the altar of the Holy Cross, there is a large wooden crucifix attributed by the Superintendency of Archeological, Artistic and Landscape Heritage of Pisa to the 16th century.
Source: La guida di Barga
View on Map: Church of San Rocco