In Piazza Garibaldi there is a majestic building constructed in 1565 when Balduino Balduini was Bishop of Aversa. Due to the use of rustication and an architectural style similar to buildings in Lucca and Florence, the construction of Palazzo Balduini is attributed to the renaissance architect Bartolomeo Ammannati.
Inside the building there is a large cloister with an arcade and above the entrance there is the Medici coat of arms with six spheres in an oval. The building was badly damaged during the war and was later rebuilt. In the middle of the square in front of the building there is a monument in honour of Giuseppe Garibaldi.
Source: La guida di Barga
View on Map: Palazzo Balduini